db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Momory leak in JDBC driver?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 04:07:55 GMT
Bernt M. Johnsen wrote:

>>Two things:
>>1) Are you closing your ResultSets? If just let the ResultSet objects
>>   pass out of scope without closing them, they will be "leaked". That
>>   is, the driver keeps a linked list of them so they won't be
>>   gc'ed. I have experienced this myself, but I don't know if there is
>>   a JIRA issue for it
>Slike ting kan fikses med WeakReference...

I know about this issue for Prepared Statements,
but was not aware of it for ResultSets.   If there is a separate issue
for ResultSets  please file it.

java org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl runtimeinfo

shows  all open prepared statements so can be used to determine if
DERBY-210 is the issue in this case.
The workaround is to explicitly close the  prepared statements.

Regarding a code solution, I don't  know about the Norwegian part, but
"blah, blah WeakReference" sounds right to me.   It would be nice to see
someone pick up this bug for 10.1.2.

View raw message