db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running Derby as a Service
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:24:58 GMT
Hi  Michael -

I have not done this myself but assisted a developer in getting this
working.  The main issue was that the Network Server requires a console
and (as I understand it) there is no default output console associated
with processes running as a service.  There are probably a number of
ways to get this working, in this case the developer was successful
using the open source Java Service Wrapper by Tanuki Software.  Access
this software at:
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/index.html.

Hope this helps.