db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Trevor Armstrong" <tre...@eecg.toronto.edu>
Subject Pocket PC
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:59:06 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to get Derby working on my Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC. First
of all I'm trying to get that simple sample program that comes with Derby
running on it. Unfortunetly this program doesn't make it very far before
crashing at the line that loads the database driver:
            Class.forName(driver).newInstance();

With the exception:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.getDefaultImplementations(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.runWithState(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.FileMonitor.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startMonitor(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.JDBCBoot.boot(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.boot(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.initializeImpl(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.initialize(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
	at SimpleApp.go(NoSourceFileNameProvided.java)
	at SimpleApp.main(NoSourceFileNameProvided.java)

I'm using IBM's WebSphere Studio Device Developer and the application is
using CDC/Foundation Profile. Is this sample application even able to run
on a PDA? Is there somewhere I can look for more documentation on getting
Derby running on a Pocket PC?

Thanks in advance,
Trevor