db-derby-user mailing list archives

From wolfgang12...@yahoo.co.jp
Subject Too narrow column display width using ij.
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:03:06 GMT
Hi gurus,

I displayed the description of a table (MYTABLE)
using the following sql with ij, but the second column's display
width was too narrow to see...
<SQL>==========================
ij> select columnname, columndatatype from sys.syscolumns where
referenceid in (select tableid from sys.systables a,
sys.sysschemas b where a.schemaid=b.schemaid and b.schemaname='APP'
and a.tablename='MYTABLE');
===============================

<Result>=======================
COLUMNNAME          |COLUMNDATATYPE
------------------------------------
MY_COUNTER          |INTEGER NOT NU&
===============================
(I made the MYTABLE talbe using "create table MYTABLE (my_counter int
generated always as identity (start with 1));".)

How can I expand the display width of the second column ?

I thought ij have a minimumdisplaywidth option since it has the
maximumdisplaywidth, but actually it doesn't have the minimumdisplaywidth
option. hm...

Regards,
wolfgang

 For All Sports Fans!