db-derby-user mailing list archives

From wolfgang12...@yahoo.co.jp
Subject derby.drda.startNetworkServer property
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:13:38 GMT
Hi there,

I got a question about the derby.drda.startNetworkServer property.
I've read through the doc and it says the following.
Use the derby.drda.startNetworkServer property to simplify embedding the
Network Server in your application. When you set derby.drda.startNetworkServer,
the Network Server will automatically start when you start Derby. Only
one Network Server can be started in a JVM.

Does it mean even though I start Derby using "Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver");",
the Network Server will start if I set derby.drda.startNetworkServer true ?

Regards,
Wolfgang

 For All Sports Fans!
 http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/yells/