db-derby-user mailing list archives

From wolfgang12...@yahoo.co.jp
Subject Derby cannot be bind to the IP address of the host in which Derby resides.
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:34:50 GMT
Hi there,

I've added the following settings in derby.properties and started
Derby on host(192.168.1.11) by using NetworkServerControl#start(null)
method.
-------------------------------
derby.drda.portNumber=1527
derby.drda.host=192.168.1.11
-------------------------------

Then, I got the following errors in derby.log.

-------------------------------
Server is ready to accept connections on port 1527.
Could not listen on port 1527 on host 192.168.1.11.
An exception was thrown during network server startup. DRDA_ListenPort.S:Could not listen
on port 1527 on host
192.168.1.11.
	at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.DRDAServerStarter.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: DRDA_ListenPort.S:Could not listen on port 1527 on host
192.168.1.11.
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.NetworkServerControlImpl.consolePropertyMessageWork(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.NetworkServerControlImpl.consolePropertyMessage(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.NetworkServerControlImpl.blockingStart(Unknown Source)
	... 6 more
Connection number: 1.
-------------------------------

This log is weird...
The first line indicates derby is ready but the second line indicates
derby couldn't listen.

It seems Derby tried to open the same port(1527) twice.

Anyways, I tried to connect this Derby instance from the remote machine
(192.168.1.12), but failed...
Next, I did same thing from localhost, then my client connected this
Derby instance successfully.
(Obviously, This Derby instance is bind to port 1527 and localhost(127.0.0.1))

I'm using Derby 10.1.1 on eclipse on Win2000K.

What I wanna do is that I want my client connect to the Derby from the
remote host.

Thank you,
Wolfgang

 Take an action against poverty