db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Trevor Armstrong" <tre...@eecg.toronto.edu>
Subject RE: Pocket PC
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:11:17 GMT
Hi Philippe,
thanks for the quick response, I've started using that DatabaseFactory
class that you included however I still get the same exception in
getDefaultImplementations (just with a different call path):

java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.getDefaultImplementations(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.runWithState(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.FileMonitor.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startMonitor(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.JDBCBoot.boot(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.findDriver(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.getConnection(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.getConnection(Unknown
Source)
	at DatabaseFactory.getConnection(Unknown Source)
	at SimpleApp.go(Unknown Source)
	at SimpleApp.main(Unknown Source)

Any suggestions? It must have something to do with my configuration or
something because the code is pretty straightforward to use.

Thanks in advance,
Trevor