db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Piet Blok" <pbh...@wanadoo.nl>
Subject Retrieving database connection URL
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:05:18 GMT
As stated in the Derby Developer's Guide on page 94, one can retrieve the database connection
URL via Connection.getMetaData().getURL()

However, when connected via url : "jdbc:derby" and a Properties object with a property databaseName,
only "jdbc:derby" will be returned. Ofcourse, this is the exact url that I connected to, but
I had hoped that the databaseName= property would be appended to the string (I am not sure
if this would be a violation of the JDBC spec).

Does it make sense to file a Jira issue for an enhancement?

If so, any suggestion to file against which component? I would like it to be implemented in
both embedded driver and client driver.

Piet Blok