Hi Ajay,

Following is what Dan Debrunner replied to your earlier mail on null pointer exception.

Daniel John Debrunner
 More options   7:01 am (5 hours ago)
Ajay wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using derbytrunk for runing the jdbcapi test cases. I have done
> testing with COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver driver and test cases
> works fine but when i tried running test cases with type 4
> driver i.e. com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver, I am getting null
> pointer exception in  ij.startJBMS() statement.

Wow, that's impressive, using the COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver driver
to connect to Derby, you are probably the first to try that!

> Could anyone please tell me what is the problem ?

How are you running these tests using these drivers?

If you are using the Derby test harness then the jdbcapi suite runs
using Derby's own embedded driver (org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver)
and some of those tests run in the suites that use client server mode
and the client drivers.

 derbynetclientmats - org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver
 derbynetmats - com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver

Dan.