db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Rajes Akkineni" <rajesh_li...@vimukti.com>
Subject Re: BLOB : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 04:03:12 GMT
Hi,

I have got the similar problem.
I was unable to insert bigger files in to the database.
But my situation is little different than this. I am not inserting total
40mb file in one blob.
I have split them in to 64kb chunks and inserting in multiple rows.

I got outofmemory error.
Then i switched to writing storing that blob in a file.

We will also be must interested in solving this problem.

Now i seem to have another issue with the DERBY.
when i am Inserting, Select data using prepared statements(they are all
created once, and used from different different threads later) some time i
am not able to get the data which i have inserted. i checked the insert
operation. it is successfull but later when i query from different thread
it is not showing any rows in the table.

Did any one experianced this problem.
We are a team of programmers with 2  years of programming experiance. We
are not sure if we can fix the problem in the derby. Please suggest us
what to do.
This problem is stopping our project. We dont have any alternative to
derby at present(due to the work done, platform,licence). Should we try to
fix the problem in the derby?
We are trying to write a program to simulate this bug.
prepared statements are beeing used from threads created by JXTA. We are
not aware if there can be anything specific to those threads.

Thanks
Rajesh