db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Karadamoglou <karadamoglo...@yahoo.gr>
Subject Security restriction on a remote connection of Derby 10.1.1
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:58:05 GMT
Hello all,

I have developed a java application that uses Apache Derby 10.1.1 from a
remote machine. The remote machine also operates another application
that uses the same database.

The problem occurs when the application tries to connect with the
database. It receives the following exception:

org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException:
java.security.PrivilegedActionException : Error opening socket to server
localhost on port 1527 with message : null
         at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetAgent.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.newAgent_(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:525)

I start up the remote database using as host "localhost" and as port "1527".

I tried to solve the problem by starting the remote database using as
host the network IP address and the same port.

This time the remote machine can connect but the local machine cannot.
It receives the same exception (java.security.PrivilegedActionException).

Do you know how I can bypass this security restrictions?

Thank you in advance, Kostas