db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Delaune, Todd I" <tidela...@Trinsic.com>
Subject Derby 10.1.1.0 SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE bug
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:52:43 GMT
I noticed a problem with the built-in system procedure,
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE. Under 10.0.2.1 this procedure works fine,
however the new version consistently produces table not found errors. As
you can see below, the table test does exist, however the procedure
doesn't acknolwedge it:

ij> create table test (col integer);

0 rows inserted/updated/deleted

ij> select * from test;

COL

-----------

0 rows selected

ij> call syscs_util.syscs_import_table(null, 'test', 'somefile', null,
null, null, 1);

ERROR XIE0M: Table 'test' does not exist.

I've been unable to find any other reference to this problem. I've
tested it with the old and new versions, using brand new databases, and
consistently the procedure fails only in 10.1.1.0. Perhaps it's related
to the 208770 patch?
(http://www.mail-archive.com/derby-dev@db.apache.org/msg06411.html)

Thanks in advance,

Todd Delaune