db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Peart, David E." <DPe...@ATPCO.NET>
Subject RE: Error when running a delete all a 2nd time
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:46:40 GMT
Thx,

let me adjust my ddl script, and rerun and see if I still get the
original problem.  You never know :-)

David

________________________________

From: Satheesh Bandaram [mailto:satheesh@Sourcery.Org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:19 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Error when running a delete all a 2nd time

I think Army has already answered this question...Since there is a
primary key on the column, Derby would have created an unique index on
it, so attempting to create another unique index on the same column
would raise the warning. Why it is a warning and not an error, I don't
know :-)  (since it doesn't actually create the second index...)

So your first problem is not related to this one...

Satheesh

Peart, David E. wrote:

	Satheesh

	when you say a complete reproduction you mean all code, etc?

	Anyway, I'm also getting this error on creating indexes, may be
it is related.  So I'd like to see if this was resolved then see if the
other problem goes away.
	The problem is:

	WARNING 01504: The new index is a duplicate of an existing
index: SQL050816084652910.

	But its not a duplicate.  It creates this warning on the 2nd
index PARGRP.X2FTNRC2
	Additionally, although its a warning it does not create the 2nd
index !!!!!  I checked the system tables for which indexes are created.
	Let me know if you need the ddl on the table again, and may be
you can try creating the table with the three indexes and see if you get
the same error.
	Note: we are loading the tables onto DB2 and have no issues
there.

	Here is the ddl script for creating the indexes

	  CREATE UNIQUE
	         INDEX      PARGRP.X1FTNRC2
	         ON         PARGRP.FTNREC2_CATCTRL
	       (CARRIER_CD         ASC