db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Peart, David E." <DPe...@ATPCO.NET>
Subject RE: Error when running a delete all a 2nd time
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:53:17 GMT
Satheesh

when you say a complete reproduction you mean all code, etc?

Anyway, I'm also getting this error on creating indexes, may be it is
related.  So I'd like to see if this was resolved then see if the other
problem goes away.
The problem is:

WARNING 01504: The new index is a duplicate of an existing index:
SQL050816084652910.

But its not a duplicate.  It creates this warning on the 2nd index
PARGRP.X2FTNRC2
Additionally, although its a warning it does not create the 2nd index
!!!!!  I checked the system tables for which indexes are created.
Let me know if you need the ddl on the table again, and may be you can
try creating the table with the three indexes and see if you get the
same error.
Note: we are loading the tables onto DB2 and have no issues there.

Here is the ddl script for creating the indexes

  CREATE UNIQUE
         INDEX      PARGRP.X1FTNRC2
         ON         PARGRP.FTNREC2_CATCTRL
       (CARRIER_CD         ASC