db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: BLOB : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:23:56 GMT
Grégoire Dubois wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm using the org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver driver to access the
>Derby database through network.
>
>Writting small files (smaller than 5Mo) into the database works fine,
>but I can't write big files (40Mo for example), without getting the
>exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.
>
>I think the driver is writting all the file into memory before sending
>it to the database. Is that a known issue? Is there a plan to improve
>this?

This is DERBY-326.  There  is not currently a developer assigned to this
issue.  Right now you would just have to increase the maximum heap size
of the jvm with    -Xmx<size>

Right now this is logged as an improvement but perhaps it would make
sense for you to log a Bug for your specific case and OutOfMemory error
and link it to this isssue.  Then vote in Jira to have it fixed.

Kathey