db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Network Server startup scripts for RedHat Linux
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:50:25 GMT
I'd like to arrange for a NetworkServer instance of Derby
to be automatically started up and shut down on my Red Hat
Linux system, using the conventional "chkconfig" service
management, as described in , for example,
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-services.html

I took a look at startNetworkServer.ksh and it does not
appear to be set up for direct use by chkconfig.

Is there a pre-built Network Server startup script lying
around which is ready for installation into a Red Hat
services environment? Or should I write my own such script?

thanks,

bryan