db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Brian Bonner <brian.bon...@paraware.com>
Subject Re: Inserting a new line (\n) via sql script into Derby
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:23:02 GMT
ok, well, I thought I unicodeEscape was what I needed, but I tried:

java -cp derbyclient.jar;derbytools.jar -Dij.unicodeEscape=on
org.apache.derby.tools.ij
insert into test (id, test) values (1, 'line1\u000Aline2');

and I still got:
line1\u000Aline2 when I selected the rows for test.

Any ideas?

Brian