db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Client driver fails to provide all DriverPropertyInfo's
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:28:55 GMT
Piet Blok wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The Client Driver, in contrast to Embedded Driver, fails to report all DriverPropertyInfo's.
It seems that it not only ignores the Properties object (see Jira DERBY_530), but it also
ignores connection attributes appended to the connection url.

>If no one objects I will create a Jira issue.

Yes, I think the general issue is that the embedded attributes are
getting passed through to the server if specified on the URL but are not
being handled properly when specified by properties  or for
getPropertyInfo.  The client will need to know about all of the embedded
attributes in addition to the ones it processes like user, traceFile
etc.  Can you link this issue to DERBY_530.

Kathey