db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Opening a database with spaces in a filename
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:08:12 GMT

I've just discovered that when opening a URL with spaces in it, I get an
error like this:
"Database 'directory:C:\Test\My Databases\Database' not found."

This is on Windows, and trying the same path with short filenames
instead, worked.

I've tried:
    - Using / instead of \
    - Using %20 to replace the spaces (like normal URL encoding... which
would seem reasonable for a URL.)
    - Both of the above at the same time...

Neither worked.

Directories with spaces in them aren't exactly rare, so my question is,
how do I encode a URL for a Derby database?  The developer guide doesn't
describe how Derby's URLs are supposed to be encoded.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

NUIX Pty Ltd