db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: BLOB performence
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:34:13 GMT
What version of Derby are you using?  There was a recent
fix in the area of clob's but I am not aware of a problem
with blob's.

What does your insert look like, ie. does it use streams to
insert the blob value and does it use prepared statements.
Seems like a simple example, can you post your test program?

What size are your rows without the blob vs. with the blob?

Rajes Akkineni wrote:

> Hi,
> Have any one tried using BLOBs with derby?
> I tried it...tried to insert 1000 64kb blobs...unfortunaly it took all
> my  memory and gave OutofMemoryException.
> It used all the heep.
> When i tried to place 1000 64kb blobs it took more then 120 sec.
> But when i removed the blob i can execute 9,00,00,000 inserts in just 3
> sec.
> Why BLOB is so slow???
> Am i used it incorrectly?
> Have any one gort similar experiance?