db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BLOB performence
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 06:50:40 GMT
Rajes Akkineni wrote:

> When i tried to place 1000 64kb blobs it took more then 120 sec.
> But when i removed the blob i can execute 9,00,00,000 inserts in just
> 3  sec.

The 90 million number seems really high to me,  could it be possible
that your test may not be actually performing inserts ..?      what row
size are you inserting here..

It is always a good idea to include machine configuration, jvm used when
giving out numbers. On one of my test machines ( win2k, 2cpu -intel
xeon, 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, with disk cache) , jdk1.5 - similar test as you
describe for blob inserts is approximately five times faster than what
you report.

Sunitha.