db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oyvind.Bakk...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Simple question about Derby and Transactions
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:30:04 GMT
Kostas Karadamoglou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Derby and to Transactions in general.
>
> I want to perform some tasks to my databases using one thread and lock
> the table that it uses from the remaining threads.

You may achieve what you want by proper usage of transaction isolation
levels, instead of explicitly locking an entire table. This, of course,
depends on what your application is trying to do. Anyway, if you are
planning to read some literature on transactions, "isolation levels"
should be on your menu.

--
Øyvind Bakksjø
Tel: x43419 / +47 73842119, Fax: +47 73842101