db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tony Seebregts <to...@cibecs.com>
Subject Re. PooledConnection being closed
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:10:18 GMT
Hi David,

> How are you determining that the connection is closed and that you are
> getting a new connection?

Discovered it by mistake when I tried to reuse it - and found it was
closed. Then 'printed' out the Connection object and realised that
PooledConnection getConnection() was giving me an object with a new
hashcode every time.

It sounds like Tomohito's patch might have given me a very 'puzzling'
answer though i.e. a Connection object was closed and then after the
Connection object returned by the next call to getConnection() is the
same object but is now open. Will try it out though.

regards

Tony