db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Error when running a delete all a 2nd time
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:44:29 GMT

Peart, David E. wrote:
> Anyway, I'm also getting this error on creating indexes, may be it is
> related.  So I'd like to see if this was resolved then see if the other
> problem goes away.
> The problem is:
>
> WARNING 01504: The new index is a duplicate of an existing index:
> SQL050816084652910.
>
> But its not a duplicate.  It creates this warning on the 2nd index
> PARGRP.X2FTNRC2

[ snip ]

   CREATE UNIQUE
          INDEX      PARGRP.X2FTNRC2
          ON         PARGRP.FTNREC2_CATCTRL
        (FTNREC2_SG         ASC
             );

[ snip]

If I recall correctly, you had a primary key defined on FTNREC2_SG in the DDL
for your table.  My guess is that the primary key automatically creates an index
internally, and thus when you try to create the above index on the same column
in the same table, the result is a "duplicate" index.

That doesn't explain your overall problem, but that perhaps answers your
question about the duplicate index...?

Army