db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tony Seebregts <to...@cibecs.com>
Subject PooledConnection being closed
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:59:36 GMT
Hi,

I'm writing a connection pool manager using the
EmbeddedConnectionPoolDatasource class. The requesting object gets the
Connection object from a PooledConnection  getConnection() , executes a
SQL statement and then closes the Connection.

This correctly invokes the ConnectionEventListener.close() method -
which simply marks the pooled connection as available for reused. But
when I try to resuse the connection originally supplied by the
PooledConnection getConnection() method the connection is closed.
Calling getConnection returns me a new Connection which is (AFAIK) not
the idea.

Any ideas ?

regards

Tony Seebregts