db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Derby 10.1.1 and derbyclient.jar [SQLException: No suitable driver]
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2005 16:04:19 GMT
Kostas Karadamoglou wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was using Derby 10.0 with db2cc.jar and db2_licensecc.jar in network
> mode. The driver was called com.ibm.db2.jdbcDriver. Everything was
> working fine :)
>
> But now I changed to 10.1.1. The driver jar is derbyclient.jar and the
> driver org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver. Whenever I load the driver
> at the DriverManager and try to use getConnection I get the following
> exception:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545)
>
> Do you know how I can solve this problem?
>
> Thank you in advance, Kostas

Actually the JCC driver is com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.  Can you check
your connection url  again.

So when using the client driver , the connection url is of the form
jdbc:derby://</server/>[:</port/>]/ </databaseName/>[;<URL
attribute>=<value> [;...]]
Ex , assuming server is running on localhost at port 1527.
To connect via client driver, the url would be
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sampleDb;user=u1;password=p1

To connect via JCC driver, the connection url would be
jdbc:derby:net://localhost:1527/sampleDb:user=u1;password=p1;

Hope this helps, if not please feel free to post again, and also include
the connection url you are using.

Sunitha.