db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Derby 10.1.1 and derbyclient.jar [SQLException: No suitable driver]
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2005 16:04:19 GMT
Kostas Karadamoglou wrote:

> Hi all,
> I was using Derby 10.0 with db2cc.jar and db2_licensecc.jar in network
> mode. The driver was called com.ibm.db2.jdbcDriver. Everything was
> working fine :)
> But now I changed to 10.1.1. The driver jar is derbyclient.jar and the
> driver org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver. Whenever I load the driver
> at the DriverManager and try to use getConnection I get the following
> exception:
> java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545)
> Do you know how I can solve this problem?
> Thank you in advance, Kostas
Actually the JCC driver is com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.  Can you check
your connection url  again.

So when using the client driver , the connection url is of the form
jdbc:derby://</server/>[:</port/>]/ </databaseName/>[;<URL
attribute>=<value> [;...]]
Ex , assuming server is running on localhost at port 1527.
To connect via client driver, the url would be

To connect via JCC driver, the connection url would be

Hope this helps, if not please feel free to post again, and also include
the connection url you are using.

View raw message