db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: To take multiple connection from a database after starting the network server
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:58:56 GMT
Hi Sube,

Is it possible that you have brought up two copies of the Network
Server, listening on different ports? Connecting to the same database
through two servers would cause the error you're seeing. Granular Derby
locks (among other objects) aren't shared across servers. When the first
server opens a connection to a database, it seizes exclusive access to
all activity inside that database. That exclusive access persists until
a user explicitly shuts down the database.

-Rick