db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: Derby Standards
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:25:54 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>Philip Wilder wrote:
>

>>I'll take what I can get. :-)
>>

>Hmmm.. found this sitting in my drafts folder. Don't know if it is of
>any help at this late date.
>
>I don't  think we have a list on the website.  It would be nice.  In
>addition to those you have mentioned,
>a few specs of interest off the top of my  head...
>
>    - The Java Transaction API (JTA) Specification from Sun
>     - XA+ Specification which lives on the same page as the protocol
>specifications at: http://www.opengroup.org/dbiop/
>    - JSR169 from Sun  (10.1 only)
>    -The Java Virtual Machine Specification from Sun  (relevant to byte
>code generation)
>
>FYI: For the SQL Specs, I think you need $$ to get the official copies.
>
>Kathey

Thanks for the response. The nature of my research is such that I don't
think I'll need an official copy of the SQL specification, an
abstraction should suffice.
Does Derby make use of the JDBC Rowset Implementations (JSR 114) Spec?

My current list of standards looks something like this:

JDBC 2.0
JDBC 3.0 (JSR-53)
JDBC Optional Package for CDC/Foundation Profile (JSR -169)
JavaTM Transaction API (JTA) (JSR-907)
SQL92
SQL99
DRDA Version 3.0
The XA+ Specification Version 2 (SuperSet of The XA Specification?)
The Java Virtual Machine Specification

Future:
JDBC 4.0 API Specification (JSR-221)

Philip