db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Matt Sanford <mzsanf...@aol.com>
Subject Re: remote connections to embedded derby
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:54:28 GMT
Hello,

    I have some code currently using the embedded driver with optional
networking. I put both jars (derby and derbynet) in my classpath and
then have the following code :

            if (allowNetworkConnections == true) {
                log.info("Starting network server in addition to
embedded.");
                System.setProperty("derby.drda.startNetworkServer","true");
                System.setProperty("derby.drda.host","0.0.0.0");
            }

    When this is enabled I can use ij on the same host to query the
in-use database, when it is disabled I cannot. I have not tried it with
truly remote clients nor tested it very thoroughly, but it worked for my
purposes.

-- Matt

--
When the going gets tough, the weird turn pro.
  -- Hunter S. Thompson