db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: BUILTIN authentication provider doesn't work.
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 23:28:36 GMT
Hi, Wolfgang,

Just now I tested the LinuxWorld/LinuxFest Derby lab with 10.1.1 and the
BUILTIN authentication is working for me. I'm not spotting what I'm
doing differently from you, but maybe you can spot something.

Here's the derby.properties file:

    $ cat derby.properties
    derby.connection.requireAuthentication=true
    derby.authentication.provider=BUILTIN
    derby.user.app=derby
    derby.user.derbyfest=penguin

The sample program for the lab is a modified version of
db-derby-10.1.1.0-bin/demo/simple/SimpleApp.java. Here's the connection
code:

    public String protocol = "jdbc:derby:";
    Connection conn = null;
    Properties props = new Properties();
    props.put("user", "derbyfest");
    props.put("password", "penguin");
    conn = DriverManager.getConnection(protocol + "DerbyTours", props);

You might try SimpleApp.java on your setup and see if that works.

If it won't work for you, please feel free to ask for more help.

  -jean