db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oyvind.Bakk...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: derby jdbc load driver
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:49:40 GMT
Bogdan Mihaila wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to load the embedded derby driver, like this:
>
> Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance();

As Rajesh pointed out, the problem is most likely the CLASSPATH. If you
still have problems, please send the complete exception, including stack
trace, as this helps to figure out the problem.

By the way, you don't need the '.newInstance()' part - simply loading
the driver class will set up the Derby system.

--
Øyvind Bakksjø
Sun Microsystems, Web Services, Database Technology Group