db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Barnet Wagman <b.wag...@comcast.net>
Subject How to set the 'write mode' to rwd?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:11:05 GMT
I'm getting the "Failed to create database" error in OS X, and I've read
that I need to set the write mode to rwd (the default is rws).

Could someone tell me how to do this (or where it's documented)?  The
only reference to the write modes that I've found is in the api doc of
org.apache.derby.impl.io.DirRandomAccessFile.  I've never used this
class (explicitly) and hopefully I won't have to.

Are there performance and/or reliability implications of switching to
rwd?  I'd like to avoid having a separate version of my app for OS X -
would using rwd on Linux and/or Windows be a bad idea?

Thanks

bw