db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Segel" <mse...@segel.com>
Subject Re: BLOB : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:42:37 GMT
On Wednesday 31 August 2005 13:32, Grégoire Dubois wrote:
> Perhaps it could help : the DBMS Mckoi ( http://mckoi.com/database/ )
> has got a JDBC driver that supports blob streaming over network. Code is
> open.
>
> I tried with IBM DB2, and same as Derby, streaming isn't supported with
> their JDBC driver. For a so big DBMS, I found it odd.
>
> I'm aiming to try Oracle, but I have some difficulties to use it. Does
> anyone knows if the Oracle JDBC supports blob streaming ?

Uhm going from memory, 8g did. (Wrote a Java API to insert XML insurance
claims in to an ODS...) However, I did have some problems. You have to use
the right JDBC driver and even then there was a memory leak...

> It would be difficult to implement in Derby ? I'm familiar with java
> network developpment. I develop in java for 4 years.
>
> Greg

I think it should be straight forward.
But then again, my mind is fried right now.

--
Michael Segel
Principal