db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Segel" <mse...@segel.com>
Subject Re: Ability to create a unique index on the same column, doc bug or "bug" bug?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:47:11 GMT
On Wednesday 24 August 2005 18:33, Susan Cline wrote:
> I just logged DERBY-539 as a documentation enhancement request.   I think
> if the documentation explains more clearly the behavior of the product it
> will help our users when they observe something they might not intuitively
> understand when first using the product.
>
> Susan
>
> "Michael J. Segel" <msegel@segel.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 13:20, Susan Cline wrote:

Sigh.

How is this behavior any different from any other database?

I think my frustration is that Derby/Cloudscape is acting as expected.

Did you try your sample tests against DB2? Informix? Sybase? Oracle?(ick!)

Sorry to seem like a pain, but I guess that bathtub gin really did rot my
brains. ;-)

--
Michael Segel
Principal