db-derby-user mailing list archives

From wolfgang12...@yahoo.co.jp
Subject BUILTIN authentication provider doesn't work.
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:29:50 GMT
Hi there,

derby.authentication.provider=BUILTIN seems not working with Derby
10.1.1

I've added the following lines in my derby.properties file.
-----
derby.connection.requireAuthentication=true
derby.authentication.provider=BUILTIN
derby.user.mike=mikepass
-----

My code attempts to get a db connection as follows but I get an invalid
userid error.
-----
Properties prop = new Properties();
prop.put("user", "mike");
prop.put("password", "mikepass");
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(DB_URL, prop);
-----

How come ? I followed the doc says though and my derby.properties file
is properly read.

I took a look at org/apache/derby/impl/jdbc/authentication/BasicAut
henticationServiceImpl.java.
It's weird...

The code imports org.apache.derby.iapi.reference.MessageId class, but
I couldn't find the MessageId class under the
org.apache.derby.iapi.reference directory in any jar files.
( I found the source code in the trunk though )

There's only one class under the directory in jar and the name of the
class is
Attribute.class.

My derby 10.1.1 is really 10.1.1 ???
hm...