db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Grégoire Dubois <gregoire.dub...@online.fr>
Subject Re: BLOB : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:32:56 GMT
Perhaps it could help : the DBMS Mckoi ( http://mckoi.com/database/ )
has got a JDBC driver that supports blob streaming over network. Code is
open.

I tried with IBM DB2, and same as Derby, streaming isn't supported with
their JDBC driver. For a so big DBMS, I found it odd.

I'm aiming to try Oracle, but I have some difficulties to use it. Does
anyone knows if the Oracle JDBC supports blob streaming ?

It would be difficult to implement in Derby ? I'm familiar with java
network developpment. I develop in java for 4 years.

Greg