db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: Full Text Indexing
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:49:03 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Rick Hillegas wrote:
>

>>Hi Mag,
>>
>>Thanks for bringing up this issue. It certainly deserves an enhancement
>>request. I'll log one later on today.
>>

>Going forward integrating Lucene (http://lucene.apache.org/) with Derby
>would be the logical choice for text indexing. I once hacked up
>something similar using a different text search library and Cloudscape's
>VTIs.

For work, I maintain an application which needs fast text searching as
well as database queries for the structured content.  We're using Lucene
and Derby for exactly these two purposes, and need to tie the two
together with IDs stored in both so that we can effectively join the two
together.

And so, whenever some suggestion like integrating the two comes up, I
just have to say...  Yes, please!

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll