db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Derby features
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:53:46 GMT
Hi, all.  I am getting a bit of an RFP from an internal user and was
wondering if you could help answer Y/N/Partial on the following features
for Derby.  I have put in only those items I couldn't find with a fairly
close search through the ref manual.

- Character set configurable per connection
- Character set configurable per user
- Store data from different locales in same table and be able to sort
over them
- Array data type support (doesn't look like it)
- "Initially deferred" foreign key constraints (I don't even know what
this means)
- Coalesce/ifNull operator (I found NULLIF but I'm not sure that's the
same thing)
- Function-valued sorting
- limit, offset clauses in select for paging
- constraint violation error messages should contain constraint names

Thanks!

David