db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English ...@brighton.ac.uk>
Subject Deadlocks
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:23:15 GMT
During development, I am sometimes doing stupid things that result
in lockups (embedded server, btw). When I find and fix the bugs, the
lockups generally go away... but is there an easier way to find out what
& where a deadlock was caused by, who/where locked the table concerned,
and so on, just to help me debug faster? It's pretty painful just getting
a timeout saying "the table was locked" and then thinking, yeah, I've
done something stupid again, I wonder what it was this time...

Cheers,

  Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
  Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
  University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk