db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English ...@brighton.ac.uk>
Subject Temporary tables don't work?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 23:59:56 GMT
My application needs to use a temporary table, but they don't seem to
work with the embedded version. When I insert or update rows the commands
appear to work, but when I look at the table there is sometimes some of
the data there and somerimes (more often) not.

I tried it with ij as a sanity check...

   ij version 10.0
   ij> connect 'foo';
   ij> declare global temporary table t (n varchar(15), u varchar(15)) not logged;
   0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
   ij> insert into session.t values('a','b');
   1 row inserted/updated/deleted
   ij> select * from session.t;
   N              |U

   0 rows selected
   ij>

Is this a bug, or am I doing something stupid? Can'y find anything
like this in the buglist...

  Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
  Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
  University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk