db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dan Scott <deni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ODBC driver
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:40:10 GMT
On 6/24/05, David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
>  From the following page
>
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0409cline2/index.html
>
> it *appears* that a free-for-use download of an ODBC driver for Derby is
> available.  Is this true?  I couldn't find any license terms.
>
> Also, I can't find the link for the "full" version that is available on
> Solaris, can anyone provide any pointers?
>
> Are there any plans to contribute this ODBC driver into Derby?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Hi David:

The free-for-use ODBC driver for Apache Derby is the DB2 Runtime
Client -- you can download a version for many different architectures,
including Solaris, from
http://ibm.com/db2/udb/support/downloadv8.html. You should grab the
latest available version (currently FixPak 9, I believe).

Note that the DB2 Runtime Client includes a lot more 'stuff' than just
the ODBC driver, so they're pretty big.

I don't know about contribution plans.

Dan
Dan