db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Peter Nabbefeld <Peter.Nabbef...@gmx.de>
Subject How to use stored procedures with triggers?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 09:10:29 GMT

Hello,

I've been asking for how to use stored procedures with triggers (Thread:
  'Using triggers and procedures?'), but my last question (just to make
sure there's no better way) has not been answered - probably the thread
has been "too old" (in terms of the mailing list traffic) :-( .

In the thread mentioned before, I've been told to use a function in a
VALUES clause. So I've asked 'CREATE TRIGGER ... FOR EACH STATEMENT
VALUES(...) doesn't work. Will I really have to insert a dummy value
into some dummy table to call a procedure or function from a trigger? '

Will I have to use 'DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE ...'? And, as I think
autocommit is the default, will it be cleared automatically after each
INSERT? I'd prefer to have every inserted record deleted as soon as
possible, as it'd be used only as a dummy table, so memory consumption
should be as small as possible :-) .

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld