db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Gin Ng <gi...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Rollback problem
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:04:13 GMT
The code is just several inserts and then an explicit rollback. All inserts
are successful, no SQL exception. The program is a unit test case which
does some database operations and then rollback the transaction to get the
database back to the known state. The same program works with DB2 and
Oracle.

I cannot post the schema because it is quite big and complex. I have been
trying to come up with a smaller test case to illustrate the problem, but
still without succeed so far.

Thanks,
Gin Ng

             Sunitha
             Kambhampati
             <ksunithaghm@gmai                                          To
             l.com>                    Derby Discussion
                                       <derby-user@db.apache.org>
             06/03/2005 03:38                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Rollback problem
             Please respond to
                  "Derby
                Discussion"

Gin Ng wrote:

>I have a table which is referenced by several other tables. When I turn
>autocommit off, do the inserts to the tables and rollback. All inserts are
>rolled back except the parent table. Anyone has encountered the problem?
>
>Gin Ng

Can you provide more details on what you are trying to do  so we can
figure out what is happening. Is there a chance you could post code that
shows this behavior ?
Also are you issuing an explicit rollback call or  did an sql statement
generate an exception .

Thanks,
Sunitha.