db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Gin Ng <gi...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Rollback problem
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:00:54 GMT
Thanks Mike for pointing out there is a way to print out the queries. From
derby.log, I can see the program issued an unexpected commit while trying
to mimic a DB2/Oracle feature. It is not a derby problem.

Gin Ng

             Mike Matrigali
             <mikem_app@sbcglo
             bal.net>                                                   To
                                       Derby Discussion
             06/03/2005 07:31          <derby-user@db.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Rollback problem
                  "Derby
                Discussion"

This is going to show my predjudice about the recovery code, but at
least as described this seems so simple that I think there must be
something tricky going on.

To diagnose the issue you should enable the property to print all
queries to the derby.log, so that we can see if there is an unexpected
commit.  If you can't find appropriate documentation on list or in docs
let the list know.

Definitely check how you are setting autocommit and make sure same
connection is used to do first insert and subsequent inserts - as
autocommit can be set on a per connection basis.  Maybe good to describe
how you are turning autocommit off.

Mamta Satoor wrote:
> Hi Gin,
>
>  From your description, it sounds like it might be a bug in Derby,
> especially, since it works with other databases. A reproducible program
> will definitely help establish that.
>
> Mamta
>

> On 6/3/05, *Gin Ng* <ginng@ca.ibm.com <mailto:ginng@ca.ibm.com>> wrote:
>
>     The code is just several inserts and then an explicit rollback. All
>     inserts
>     are successful, no SQL exception. The program is a unit test case
which
>     does some database operations and then rollback the transaction to
>     get the
>     database back to the known state. The same program works with DB2 and
>     Oracle.
>
>     I cannot post the schema because it is quite big and complex. I have
>     been
>     trying to come up with a smaller test case to illustrate the
>     problem, but
>     still without succeed so far.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Gin Ng
>

>                 Sunitha
>                 Kambhampati
>                 <
>     ksunithaghm@gmai                                          To
>                 l.com <http://l.com>>                    Derby Discussion
>                                           < derby-user@db.apache.org
>     <mailto:derby-user@db.apache.org>>
>                 06/03/2005
>     03:38                                           cc
>                 PM

Subject