db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Is it possible to force read-only mode?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 01:31:59 GMT
For a certain reason, I need the ability for two applications to access
the same physical database.  I have been lead to believe that this is
possible if the database is opened in read-only mode.

I'm wondering if there is a way to do this without having to package
things up in a JAR file, but rather through some kind of connection
attribute?  I don't think we can use the classpath either, as our
application is already running at this point in time.

Our databases are fairly large, and I don't want to add extra processing
time by having to compress several GB of data into a JAR file.  I've
tried setting the directory to read only, but Derby seems to be able to
put the lock file in it anyway. :-)

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll