db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Server side cursor
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:40:18 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thinking about this some more, may be you mean SQL cursors by
"server-side cursors". These are definitely not supported by Derby.
Derby only has JDBC based cursors. SQL cursors didn't leap to my head,
since Derby doesn't have them.<br>
Satheesh<br>
Satheesh Bandaram wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">By "server-side cursors", do you mean the ability to process on the
server, using procedures/functions? Same cursor mechanism works on the
server too. See if 'Derby server-side programming' part in developer
guide provides more info:

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/devguide/cdevspecial.html">http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/devguide/cdevspecial.html</a>

Satheesh

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Thanks.

I made a fgrep -iR "server side" * in docs and found nothing about it.
a fgrep -iR "cursor" * found several docs, but none specific about
server side cursors.

Even a fgrep -iR "cursor" | egrep -i "server" reveal no doc about
server side cursor.

May be the terminoly I'm looking for is wrong. Under what name server
side cursor subject could be find?

Thanks again,

Edson Richter

Satheesh Bandaram escreveu:

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Derby certainly can. Data for cursors in Derby is fetched on demand.
Check Derby documentation for more info.

Satheesh

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">Is derby able to delivery very large resultsets (really bigger
than
phisical memory of the db server) throught server side cursors?

Thanks,

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">

      </pre>