db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: derby and squirrel sql JDBC client
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:51:49 GMT
> hi,
>
> first hello to everybody on this mailing list.
>
> Is somebody using the 2.0rc of squirrel-sql
> (http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/).
> It relies on JDBC to get information from DB. unfortunately, I always
> have an error when querying info from my DB
> (org.apache.derby.client.am.sqlException: invalid operation: result set
> closed)
>
> Do one of you has the same problem?

I tried it out, and you're right when the NeworkClient is
used. However, it works ok in the EmbeddedDriver.

Some experimenting shows that the NetworkClient implicitely closes the
resultset when rs.next() moves beyond the alst row, so
e.g. rs.getMetaData() will fail with the given operation.

I would call this a bug in the network client driver. I'll file an
JIRA issue on it.

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway