Hi Paul,

org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcap.autoGeneratedJdbc30.java class has a test (search for Test 6 in that class) and you will see that there is a positive test for PreparedStatement.getGeneratedKeys. Note that there is Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS passed to the Connection.prepareStatement. If you already do this and still get null from getGeneratedKeys for a single-row insert into a table with autogenerated key, then I will be curious into looking at the reproducible test case.

Mamta