db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bulk Import
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 14:05:07 GMT
Hi Andrew,
 For your metadata question, JDBC metadata calls can help you.
ResultSet.getMetaData will give you ResultSetMetaData object.
ResultSetMetaData has various apis like getColumnName, getColumnType etc. to
get the metadata information.
 Also, _I think_, if the table does not have indexes defined on it, then
import into it will be much faster. But maybe someone else more familiar
with import export can help you better.
 Mamta