db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IDENTITY_VAL_LOCAL() vs getGeneratedKeys()
Date Sat, 14 May 2005 04:14:19 GMT
Hi Paul,
 org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcap.autoGeneratedJdbc30.javaclass
has a test (search for Test 6 in that class) and you will see that
there is a positive test for PreparedStatement.getGeneratedKeys. Note that
there is Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS passed to the
Connection.prepareStatement. If you already do this and still get null from
getGeneratedKeys for a single-row insert into a table with autogenerated
key, then I will be curious into looking at the reproducible test case.
 Mamta